Sunday, February 1, 2009

5 Hours and Counting....

The challenge starts tomorrow. Had another last-supper today - unexpectedly, as my parents wanted to go to PICADILLY'S after church. This is the second trip to old-folks-buffet land (don't get me wrong, the food is good) in two days - but Moms paid. 

Total bill for the six of us, $55 or so, and I could eat on that for a month. 

I took an continuing education class tonight - Knife Skills (on food, not people) - and lucked up on some spinach, a half-chopped pepper and some cilantro - out of the garbage, which was headed into a compost pile at the Botanic Gardens. 

There were probably 20 people in the class, and we chopped up all sorts of stuff (Melissa Peterson of Edible Memphis was our great teacher and she's a prepper for the Neely's cooking show on the Food Channel) - and I didn't keep anything I sliced and diced, just stuff that was in the garbage and didn't look like this:
About to do some serious math on the meals to see how I can follow the rules on fruits/veggies AND try to win. 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? That looks foul. I'm trying to win, but I do have my limits. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete