Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 7 - Final Meals of Cheapness

Breakfast and Lunch are done for me. I just have 1 meal left.

Breakfast I had oatmeal, no banana. I bought 7 at the beginning of the week, but I think my friend ate one earlier in the week because I ran out yesterday. So just plain oatmeal, which was nowhere near as tasty as it was with the banana. But it was cheap. 8.5 cents.

For lunch I tried a new concoction recommended by a friend. I picked up some cheapo eggs from Kroger - 11 cents each. Cut up one of my hot dogs and browned them in a skillet first. Then I beat two eggs and poured them over the hot dog pieces. Hot dog omelet! Threw in some pepper and spices, and it was actually really good. 33 cents for that.

Planning out my last meal now...

2 comments:

  1. Hunger is mental as well as physical....When you don't have enough money for food and you think about it constantly....living on the edge of hunger is a terrible way to live. My sis in law often chooses between food and medecine...Multiply what you went through this week by months and months of oatmeal and spinach leaves.....Hope this will make more people aware that hunger is alive and living in America.

    ReplyDelete