Saturday, February 7, 2009

Need... More... Food.




No, I didn't eat a Gollum yesterday, but I feel as though I might. Yesterday I had the exact same 3 meals as the day before: oatmeal, pb sandwiches, and rice and peas. It's not that I'm hungry. I feel as though I've actually been getting plenty food, probably helped in no small part by me eating breakfast each day when I would normally have coffee. It's not even the oatmeal, or the peanut butter sandwiches. It's the fact that when I go home there is no slaughtered animal waiting for me. With apologies to the vegetarian readers out there, I'm what one could call a meatatarian. I am seriously used to having meat with every meal. But when figuring out how to survive on less than a dollar a day, meat is pretty much the first thing to go. I can't afford to pay for the food the animal has to eat, AND the animal. I feel as though I'm starting to look at the small animals outside my window differently. Maybe I can use the money I save on therapy .

Anyway, here's what I spent yesterday, day 5. (cuts and pastes from day before)
Oatmeal and banana - 21.5 cents
Peanut butter sandwiches - 27 and 1/3 cents
Rice and blackeyed peas - 43 cents
Day 5 total: 91 and 5/6 cents

Challenge total: $3.54 and 5/6 cents (and seeing as how Wendi and I are now separated by less than a nickel, yes, I am counting minute fractions of pennies).

Problem is, unless I happen upon a coop-escaped chicken wandering around Midtown Atlanta, I don't know that I can follow Wendi's current 70 cent clip. A man has limits. I might hit the grocery store later to see if a great sale can pull me out of the hole. Suggestions welcome. (and please, no more "I have a great recipe for ONLY 8 dollars" emails - seriously yall)

No comments:

Post a Comment