Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 4 Roundup

Yesterday was a pretty boring day - all meals I've had before: oatmeal and banana, peanut butter sandwiches, and rice and peas. I keep reminding myself that there are folks out there that would love to a consistent 2000 calories, so I shouldn't complain. As of next Monday, I get to eat what I want.


My meal costs:

Oatmeal and banana - 21.5 cents

Peanut butter sandwiches - 27 and 1/3 cents

Rice and blackeyed peas - 43 cents

Day 4 total: 91 and 5/6 cents


Challenge total: $2.54 - it's close, but Wendi has one more free meal left. And she also seems to be eating about 40 calories per day outside of her free meals. Half a banana and a half a diet soda? Seriously? I simply can't do that. I have to get my 1600+ calories in or I won't function.


One particularly bright spot of the past few days... I think I've learned how to make rice! Last night's rice and blackeyed peas were actually really good. Threw some assorted seasonings in there, plus my trusty Soul Food salt, drained the water off of the beans (thanks Mom!) and it even looks better. Plate not so pukey. Wow, that sounded depressing.

2 comments:

  1. wow!! that actually looks like something i would eat! great job on learning to cook rice! almost to the end...what is your "first" meal gonna be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly? Probably oatmeal. Looks like I'll have plenty left over, and it would be kind of defeating the point to waste all that food. (note to self: remember to send out evite for "Blackeyed peas party") This challenge is having a significant effect on the way I view how much I spend on food...

    ReplyDelete