Friday, February 6, 2009

Dumpster Diver Strikes Again....

This week, I have been to more events that had food I could not eat. It's been insane, as if the universe is freaking taunting me.

Tonight was another example - a DEAR friend and former boss is changing jobs and was having a champagne party at her house tonight. I've been to her house for shindigs before and the food is always good, so I was excited to see her but in an intimate setting with just a few people, was afraid I was going to slip up and forget and accidentally grab one of those cookies with jelly in the middle. (Man, they looked good, and I don't usually even like those cookies!)

But my friend told everyone there about my "challenge." I stayed to the bitter end (like to the almost impolite, everyone else is gone, why aren't you gone too point) and scored the veggies she was throwing out! At last - not bitter celery! And two little slices of some cheese - I don't even know what kind, but I know it's not that processed crap I have in the fridge.

So dinner was dumpster dived/dove and free. I'll have to go to bed in the next hour, though, because a few carrots, four sticks of celery, three cucumber slices and a few pieces of cheese won't hold me long.

Total spent on Friday, Day 5: 73 cents.

Grand total: $3.49 for 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment