Saturday, February 7, 2009

Breakfast and a Surprise Blessing for lunch...

Day 6. One stinking day left.

Breakfast: Two scrambled eggs, 1/3 slice of cheese (yes, we are getting that specific with it) with two slices of toast: 22 cents for eggs, 3.6 cents for cheese, 6 cents each for slice of bread and 4 oz. of soda at 3.5 cents = 41.1 cents. Pretty filling, actually.

My sister came over this morning (OK, so it was afternoon by the time I got up) so we could run some errands. Earlier this week, I had a banana, I ate while I was working in my home office - and I discovered last night I didn't eat the whole thing. Left at least a third - which means I can subtract 5.3 cents from my running total. Here's a picture of said banana:



My sister didn't want to eat anything I had to eat, so she went to Chick-Fil-A and brought her lunch over to my place to eat while I was getting ready. When she was done, I asked her - is there anything you didn't eat that you were going to throw away (planning to dumpster dive in my own trash!) and she was about to... oh Lord, help me... throw away... Jesus, I can't believe what she was going to do... a coupon for... a free chicken sandwich.

OK, let the record reflect that the only meat I've have this week has come from meals someone has bought for me (and I still have one freel meal left) AND turkey hot dogs. That's it, and I have been craving animal flesh (sorry, vegeterians).

So for lunch, I had a chicken sandwich free from Chick-Fil-A. I can't believe my good fortune. Would have been delightful with the shake my sister got when we went through the drive-through, and yeah, I wish I'd had some fries, but that big ole piece of chicken was... a gift from God himself sent straight to my belly. Thank you, baby Jesus, for that chicken!

Dinner, TBA, but today, I've eaten 41.1 cents so far.

Grand total, minus the 5.3 cents for the banana I didn't eat, not including Day 6's dinner: $3.848.

No comments:

Post a Comment