Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lunch, Day 7

Note to self: if you do an eat cheap challenge again, eat the produce early in the week.

Otherwise, you'll be doing what I had to do with half my "lunch" today - which is pick out the pieces of lettuce that had started to rot. Now, I got this bag of salad mix for 50 cents, but I measured the bits that were edible and less than a cup qualified. So I chopped up my last freegan find - a green pepper that I truly did take out of a garbage can (5-second rule) last week at my cooking/knife skills class.

2nd note to self: Find a way to work potatoes into your budget, because that 1/2 a potato I had really held me for more than 5 hours. And if I'd gotten one that wasn't green, I could have eaten the skin.

Cost of lunch: 5 cents for salad, 3.5 cents for 4 oz. soda (really, it's only a shot glass' worth, just to have SOMETHING semi-sweet.): 8.5 cents total

Total spent on Day 7, not including dinner: 28.25 cents.

Running total so far: $4.62.

Less than the Big Mac Meal I'm eating Monday when this daggum thing is over.

Dinner TBA. There's always potatoes or lentil soup. Or both.

*Original post edited to add photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment