Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 2 - free pizza!

Confession: Those who know me well know I'm a night owl. Regularly up until 2 or 3 a.m., working and doing some of my best writing, but then, not out of the bed until like 10. Or 11. Or later. 

So my breakfast this morning was free - and came directly to my door from a dear friend who lives out of town and ordered me a pizza. Yes, she took pity on me and sent me a medium pizza with pepperoni, sausage, and mushrooms. That was like the best pizza ever.

Lunch - which was much later - was salad mix. Honestly, that's all I had an appetite for.

Dinner, which I'll probably eat before midnight to keep the days separate, will be lentil soup.

So total for today: 12 cents for the salad mix, 21.5 cents for the soup equals: 33.5 cents for today. (If I eat more at dinner, I'll update in the am.)

Went to a fancy event with a carving station and free wine and all sort of buffet food - but I was working, and I don't like to eat the food when I'm working. But I really could have had a slice of that roast beef. I drank water instead. 

Ran into Susan Sanford, president of the MidSouth Food Bank at this event (Tennessee premier of Oscar-nominated documentary "The Witness") and she talked about some programs they're working on to give those in Memphis who want to help those who are hungry. Stay tuned for more info on that. 

Total to date: $1.45 and a half cent


No comments:

Post a Comment