Thursday, February 5, 2009

There's a Free Meal A-Coming!

Happy happy, joy joy!

A girlfriend promised to feed me dinner tonight, and even though she's sick, she's sticking with her commitment. It's a good thing, otherwise I'd be so disappointed I'd recreate the Passion Play in her front yard, complete with me climbing up on a cross.

And where have I chosen to have dinner? Piccadilly's. Like my brother, I'm a creature of habit, and once I get started on something, there's no stopping. I cannot WAIT to eat. (This will make three P's outings in less than a week - which is like more than I did all of last year.)

When my girlfriend said she was sick, I was like, oh, no, I'm going to have to eat lentil soup for dinner again! And it made me think - what about people who truly didn't have anything to eat and someone breaks a promise to feed them?

All that's got me through this day is knowing I had a free meal coming at dinner time. And if that meal fell through, well, I did have a back-up, but all he was going to be good for was an extra value meal from McD's. And I want real food, real meat, real seasoned veggies, all that.

So far, I've had breakfast - a banana at 16 cents.

And I'm about to eat a salad, 10 cents worth.

Total for today, Thursday, will be 36 cents, for a grand running total of $2.76 for FOUR DAYS.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. However, I really didn't appreciate you calling me last night to tell me how good the mac & cheese was. I really could have done without that. That is all.

    ReplyDelete