Monday, February 2, 2009

Dinner, Day 1


A mug full of lentil soup and cornbread, plated on beautiful dishes a friend gave me.

Look closely and see how much (how little) I spent! Lentils have lots of protein, soup called for lots of chopped veggies and a can of tomatoes - so I got my servings of veggies in today.

If I weren't on a budget, I would have replaced some of the water with chicken stock. And it would be SLAMMING with a sliced kielbasa in it - but that is so not in the budget. Meat in general, is not in the budget.But the soup was good. I would eat it even if I weren't on a budget. And the bitter celery tastes fine in the soup.

Total cost for three meals on my challenge first day? $1.12.

And I think we can all agree this tops the picture of puke that Aaron posted and pretended it was his breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment